Monday, January 16, 2012

Our Great Danes





My love for Great Danes began when I was a little girl.  I remember my dad had a friend with a fawn colored Great Dane and I thought it was so humorous that he carried around and fetched a log instead of a stick.  I have had four Great Danes in my life now and couldn't ever imagine getting a different breed.  Mobydick was my black 180lb Dane and was a great special friend to our famlily.  I rescued and cared for Tuff for many months before finding him a permanent home.  Then Winston came into our lives but was tragically killed at a young age.  Winston, a harlequin Great Dane, loved his family so much.  I think about him every day.  Recently we took on Boris, meaning, "small" in Russian.  He is a Merlequin baby who's father weighed in at a whopping 190lbs.  Only a Great Dane owner understands the humor and enjoyment a Dane can bring to you and your family's life.  It makes everyday living an adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment